03 March 2012

The Time Aladdin Helped Me Get Engaged

(What is it with Disney these past few days? I haven't seen a Disney movie for a very long time!)

Last night I dreamt I was doing another practicum with an older, tall, large woman who had short, straight, yellowish white hair.

I was also platonically spending a lot of time with this good-looking guy. He asked me to marry him, but I said I had to check the Disney princesses before I gave him an answer. It had something to do with what I wanted my wedding to be like. So then I got out my laptop and watched clips of The Little Mermaid, Cinderella, and Aladdin (which was oddly spelled a-l-a-a-d-i-n) for a while while the guy paced nervously in an adjacent room.
Finally I got a good feeling during Aladdin, which I took to mean I should marry the guy since his dad was Arab or something. It also meant our wedding reception would have a Moroccan theme, which would actually be really cool in the world of betta-fish-are-a-centerpiece Mormon wedding receptions. The guy smiled really big and immediately called his father to tell him he was getting married. I really wanted to kiss my new fiancé or at least cuddle or something, but I didn't know how to approach him. It just felt really awkward considering we had been friends but now we were engaged and I really wanted to just tackle him and suck his face off, but our relationship had never been physical so I didn't know how to start.
I stared longingly at him on the phone for a while, and then I went to the school to help out. My mentor teacher took me aside and, looming over me, told me that I was too distracted by this guy to be a real teacher. If I wanted to succeed in my career, I would have to be more focused. I considered whether making out with my dream fiancé would make me more or less focused on work and realized sadly that it would make me less focused, and then I woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment