03 July 2010

Temple + Shakespeare + Sushi = Best Day Ever

This picture is so nonrepresentative of the feel of the play that I didn't want to post it. On the other hand, it is the only publicity shot I can find.

Okay, so remember eight years ago when I was obsessed with the play Much Ado about Nothing and I read it a bunch of times and watched the movie and even wrote an entire novel about teenagers performing it in a high school drama class? Well, I finally actually saw the play for the first time in person at Bard on the Beach. I am reobsessed.


Also, my brother just gave me his old iPod Touch, so I downloaded the free app that includes the text of forty Shakespeare plays (including the ones with doubtful authorship). When I couldn't understand Verges and Dogberry, I just looked up their lines on the iPod.

Then after going to the new Vancouver Temple and Bard on the Beach, we went to Octopus' Garden and had amazing tako (octopus), salmon, tuna, and crab sushi. If you're ever in Vancouver, eat at Octopus' Garden. Wow. I wish I lived in one of those pretty little houses on the side streets around it so that I could eat there every day. The décor was beautiful, and the food was even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment