21 May 2010

The Time I Tried to Talk Kurt from Glee out of Committing Suicide


Last night's dream wasn't as exciting as the night before's, but it probably reveals a lot about my subconscious mental state.

It started with me organizing an acting troupe that met at night in the parking lot of a generic Westfield mall. Finn and Kurt from Glee joined (the characters, not the actors who play them), along with several real people I know from church and school. I think my educational psychology professor was there too—foreshadowing the ensuing freakiness. We were supposed to work on our acting by doing improv sketches and monologues and stuff, but mostly we just sat in a circle of folding metal chairs (the church chairs) and talked about our lives. It was a little like The Book Group (which no one should ever watch because it gets dirty quite unexpectedly).

Anyway, one day, we all got together on our metal chairs and discovered that nearly all of us were adopted. Including me. (I'm not adopted in real life. I even have the inherited autoimmune diseases to prove my biological relationship with my parents.) In my dream, I had just found all the papers about how my (actually incredibly fertile) parents were infertile and, after many 1980s fertility treatments, adopted me. I saw my parents going to the adoption agency in a very flowery flashback. Finn from Glee also had found out he was adopted, as did Kurt. Everyone in the group experienced a lot of feelings of abandonment and betrayal. I also was angry that my parents had lied to me for so long.

Kurt was so depressed by this revelation, however, that he pulled out a gun and threatened to shoot himself. Everyone ran away and around the corner when they saw the gun except Finn and I. Finn and I pled with Kurt not to do it, and Kurt menaced us with his gun. Then he just shot his brains out anyway. Finn and I had brains and blood splattered all over us, which was gross, but once we got cleaned off, we just went inside the mall and talked about acting and our parents some more. The sun rose, my alarm went off, and I woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment