20 May 2009

Drama


I'm going to wear my red dress and my new haircut to the singles' ward on Sunday. Watching Miss Austen Regrets and reading stacks of novels in the past week has alerted me to the fact that I need more drama in my life. Why not? People seeking trouble invariably find it, and maybe this is what President Murray had in mind when he told me to turn on my VACANT sign: "Trouble, I'm looking for you, so bring it on!" Just because my patriarchal blessing says that everything's lined up neatly for me doesn't mean that I can't cause myself a little havoc first, right? Right?

The key to getting myself into a truly page-worthy predicament, I've decided, is to do my usual analyzing-everything thing, and then to do exactly the opposite of what I would normally do. So first, I need a pansy and a villain. Next, I have to pit them against each other. Hmm, this would work a lot better if I were seventeen, but we'll have to work with what we've got.

By the way, I thought this picture was kind of prosaic before I read the story behind it. It's still prosaic, but then again, my whole life is a huge anticlimax. Who am I to judge?

1 comment:

  1. I love that after eighteen months you still have your literary edge. I am glad you made it home without swine flu! I also want to thank you for relaying your many tales of faith and inspiration, I definitely noticed a difference in my perception of things because of them.

    Don't worry about being the most seasoned member of the group, sometimes it's fun to play the 'obey your elders' game with them. It only gets uncomfortable when you are closer in age to your Bishop or Branch President...

    Welcome Home!

    ReplyDelete