18 May 2009

Adjusting to the new, pathetic me

So yesterday evening, last night, and all day today I had what I've decided to call an episode. (I've been reading too much of late.) It's really stupid because today was supposed to be my hit-the-ground-running job search day. Instead, I was in bed. This is dumb. I'm going to have to get used to not being able to do what I want when I want.
However, I did, after great mental debate, drag myself to a young single adult family home evening today. It was fun, especially when one man decided to tell me I was the oldest one there. And I was. But I'm only 22! Anyway, he was the only other '05er, and he had skipped a grade or something. Several people there graduated in '08, which just made me feel ancient.
I had my President-Murray–mandated weekly meaningful conversation with a person of the opposite sex. He was one of my little brother's friends, and he returned from his mission in Japan two months ago. He was actually pretty nice, and he said he still feels completely disoriented, which isn't incredibly encouraging. Then they asked me to tell mission stories, which I did as we stood around the fire getting drenched by the rain. Hey, it's Washington: if we let rain spoil our fun, we'd never have any.

No comments:

Post a Comment