02 March 2011

The Time I Was Evacuated from Russia


Last night I dreamt that I was involved in a love triangle, except I was not one of the principals. One of them was Zoey from How I Met Your Mother except she turned into Aishwarya Rai towards the end of the dream. She was married and had a three-year-old son, but my guyfriend was in love with her.

Meanwhile, we were all in Russia, but we were being evacuated because of a revolution or a restart of the Cold War or something very Spooks-y. Another friend and I spent a long time hiking up the hills of an empty parking lot at the Moscow Airport in the middle of the night. (So many prepositional phrases!) Sulfuric light only partially illuminated the asphalt and the tall brick industrial buildings beside us, letting shadows pool in the valleys of the uneven street. When we finally got to the terminal, we joined the masses of people sleeping on the floor like those people at the Tunisian-Libyan border, waiting for a plane or a ship.

Aishwarya Rai was there. Her son was whining because he was tired and hungry. She wore black. My guyfriend pointed out her swarthy husband—"She could never love him! He doesn't treat her like I would treat her." Guyfriend wanted to go over to the object of his desire and persuade her to go to the US with him rather than back to India with her husband. I tried to persuade my friend to let it go, and then I woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment