12 April 2010

Sex.

It's why I want to get married. I used to make fun of people (especially returned elder missionaries) who wanted to get married as fast as possible so they could have sex. Now I think the real tragedy is when people get married just to have a buddy because they are emotionally incapable of doing things by themselves. They go from sibling to mission companion to girlfriend to wife in quick succession because independence (aka loneliness) terrifies them. For girls, it could be parents to boyfriend to husband. (Most sister missionaries I know are pretty independent.) For these people, it doesn't matter who they marry, they just want to get married.
As I sit around at this very young age and contemplate, however, my possible old-maidenhood, I realize that I want very much to have sex someday. It would really suck to never get to do it.
Yes, this is new. Yes, I'm a late bloomer.

4 comments:

  1. OH MY GOSH. I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU SAID THE "S" WORD. YOU'RE SUCH A HORRIBLE PERSON. I ALSO CAN'T BELIEVE THAT YOU WOULD ADMIT THIS ON SUCH AN OPEN AND PUBLIC FORUM. I COULD CALL YOU A LOT OF DEROGATORY WORDS, BUT I WON'T. DON'T YOU KNOW THAT YOU-KNOW-WHAT IS TABOO IN MORMON CULTURE? EVERYONE DOES IT (WHEN THEY'RE MARRIED), BUT YOU NEVER TALK ABOUT IT. OR ADMIT TO WANTING TO DO IT.

    SINNER.

    But yeah, me too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I BELIEVE THAT THE POINT SEEMS MORE VALID THE LOUDER YOU SAY IT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You would. Is unnecessary capitalization an emotional appeal or misleading vividness?

    ReplyDelete